Tuesday 31 January 2012

Belderbos Landscapes - January 2011

Finally the cold snap of winter is upon us, and what better way to embrace the weather than with a bit of hard landscaping!  That will put hairs on your chest!

I got in touch with Belderbos Landscapes via Orchard Dene Nurseries.  Belderbos Landscapes is an established landscape and garden design company; building and maintaining gardens and outdoor spaces in London and the South East.

I spent a couple of days working on a couple of sites to get an insight into the sort of work that Belderbos Landscapes undertakes.  As with all hard landscaping, it is not for the faint-hearted, and is a bit of a hard graft.

However, it is nothing that I am not used to, as me Dad used to get me to do labouring since I was old enough to carry a full wheelbarrow, so about 12.

Both sites that I worked on had me preparing the ground for levelling for turf laying, bit of cementing, bed preparation and just general labouring.  The thing with hard landscaping is that it is hard work and it is a team effort.  We all work together to make certain tasks easier and thus the whole operation moves in in a much more efficient and fluid motion, getting the job completed on time.

Unfortunately, I did not manage to see the jobs through to completion, but I could see where it was going and what the final outcome was to be, and it looked like both sites were going to be stunning domestic gardens, guaranteed to cause jealously amongst the neighbours!

                                                                         Site 1






Site 2



No comments:

Post a Comment